Donor: The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
To enhance the capacity of civil society and public institutions to address violence against women in public and private domain and build greater resilience of vulnerable communities to deal with climate change.
Broad objective of Combating Gender based Violence:
To promote gender equality and the protection of women’s human rights by reducing violence against women & girls in targeted area.
Specific Objectives on CGBV:
- To increase social and community especially men and boys awareness of women’s right to safety, security and bodily integrity at home, community and workplace.
- To strengthen women’s confidence and leadership to prevent VAWG and increase civil society capacity to monitor implementation of legislation, identify and address institutional constraints and develop strategies to prevent VAWG.
- To ensure women workers in RMG sector enjoy security from physical and sexual abuse in their workplace.
Broad Objective Climate Change Resilience:
To build greater community resilience to climate change impacts and natural disaster in three climatic and environmentally vulnerable regions in Bangladesh of Coastal, Char (inland islands) and Hilly regions
Specific objectives on CCR:
- To support climate vulnerable communities with special emphasis on women in Coastal, Char and Hilly regions to implement grassroots projects aimed at reducing vulnerability to climate change impacts
- To promote knowledge management within networks of partners and non-partner NGOs and CSOs utilizing best practices for community based climate change adaptation
- To promote context specific, eco-system friendly and climate adaptive agricultural and livelihood practices in Coastal, Char and Hilly regions
- To identify and address vulnerability and insecurity of women left behind due to climate induced men-migration by involving the community, civil society and multilevel stakeholders
Broad Objective Strengthening Public Institutions:
Strengthening of public institutions so that they are able to respond effectively on VAW and climate change through improved cooperation between citizens and duty bearers.
Specific objectives on Strengthening Public Institutions:
- Strengthening capacity of public service institutions to monitor and implement legal provisions regarding safety and security of women and girls in work place and in society.
- Making LGIs and public service providers responsive and accountable to ensure that victims of VAW can get quality and prompt services
- Establishing linkage between demand side institutions related to climate change
- Reduction of gender based violence in public and private domain
- Building community resilience to climate change and impacts
- Strengthen public institutions to ensure responsiveness towards gender concerns including VAWG and climate
- Knowledge management and capacity development of CSOs, NGO sector and MJF staff
- Knowledge management
- Capacity Development
- Policy Advocacy
- Leadership Development ( Women & Girls)
- Men and boys Engagement
- Prevention and Protection of GBV
- Alternative Livelihoods
- Strengthening Public Institutions and local govt. bodies
- Strengthening Civil Society Organizations
- Institution Building
- Partners Monitoring
Climate Change Component
|Rangpur||Gaibandha||Gaibandha Sadar, Fulchori|
|Chittagong (CHT)||Rangamati||Rangamati Sadar, Naniarchar|
|Bandarban||Bandarban Sadar, Rowarnchori|
|Dhaka||Dhaka||Dhaka City Corporation North
(Mirpur Shah Ali, Mirpur : 1, 13, Pallabi)
|Chittagong||Chittagong City Corporation (Panchlaish, Bayejid Bostami)|
|Component||No of partners||No of beneficiaries||Relevant Stakeholders|
|Combating gender based Violence||8||10370||Ready Made garments, Union Parishad, Women and Children Affairs, Law Enforcement agency, Public Prosecutors, Health Institutions, Youth Department, Govt.
Legal Aid committee, Local civil society /professional representatives,
|9||13136||Union Parishad, Union/Upazilla Disaster Management
Committee, Hill District and regional Council, Department of Agriculture, Local civil society/professional representatives,
- ASHIKA Manabik Unnayan Kendra
- Chandradip Development Society (CDS)
- Gana Unnayan Kendra (GUK)
- Hill Flower
- Jagrata Juba Shangha
- Nabolok Parishad
- Nazrul Smriti Sangsad (NSS)
- Village Education Resource Center (VERC)
- AID Foundation
- Association for Community Development (ACD)
- Awaj Foundation
- Bolipara Nari Kalyan Samity
- Karmojibi Nari
- Mahideb Jubo Somaj Kallayan Somity
- National Development Programme
Project Research Reports