Funded by: Global Affairs, Canada
Project Duration: 25 February 2019 to 31 March 2024
Geographic Coverage: 22 Districts
(Bagerhat, Bandarban, Chattogram,Cumilla, Dhaka, Faridpur, Gopalgonj, Jamalpur, Jeshore,
Khagrachari,Lalmonirhat, Manikgonj, Naogaon, Narayanganj, Nilphamari, Norshingdi, Rajbari,
Rajshahi, Rangamati, Rangpur, Patuakhali, Satkhira)
Total Budget: Canadian Dollars (CAN $ 6,849,998)
Women’s Voice and Leadership (WVL) is a global initiative of Global Affairs Canada to support Canada’s new Feminist International Assistance Policy. This program, globally was launched in June 2017 in response to the needs of local women’s organizations (WROs) working to advance the empowerment of women and girls, promote gender equality and protect the human rights of women and girls in developing countries.
In order to ensure that GAC was partnering with the appropriate implementing agency for this initiative, an extensive landscape analysis was performed which resulted in the choice of the Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF) as the partner to implement WVL in Bangladesh.
Since March 2019, MJF has been implementing Women’s Voice and Leadership in Bangladesh (WVLB) which includes providing grants and capacity-building support to grassroots Women Rights Organizations (WROs) to work closely with marginalized and at-risk women and girls in their communities. More concretely, WVLBis strengthening the ability of local WROs/community-based organizations (CBOs) to help women, girls and transgender – particularly those who are vulnerable and marginalized – to exercise their rights. The project advocates on behalf of women, girls, transgender to governments and decision-makers at all levels and develops linkages and networks that amplify their voice and influence. To this effect, MJF has been working through multi-year partnerships with 18 WROs/CBOs and women networks across the country. Project activities include providing: (1) multi-year funding to selected local WROs; (2) targeted capacity-building efforts to WROs selected for multi-year funding; (3) strengthen networks and alliances between WROs; and, (4) small, short-term funding to local WROs and networks to pilot innovative ideas, opportunities and organize discrete activities to respond quickly.
- Direct Reach:
- WVLB reaches directly to 63135 women, girls and transgender through multi-year funding to 18 WROs.
- Also plans to reach 5000 women & girls through discrete &short-term financial support to local WROs /networks /forums through fast response fund.
- Indirect Reach: WVLB reaches through intermediaries to 92834 women, men, boys.
Grant Category and Sizes
- Multi-year Fund: Allows grant directly to “Women Rights Organizations” (WROs) to implement set activities at grassroots.
|Grant Category||Grant Amount in BDT|
|Micro||Up to 10,000,000|
|Small||From BDT 10,001,000 to BDT 15,000,000|
|Medium||From BDT 15,001,000 to BDT 20,000,000|
Notice: Call for multi-year proposal submission deadline is closed
- Fast Response Fund: Fast Response Grants include rapid and small financial assistance to organize discrete events or to pilot innovative ideas and to respond quickly to unforeseen events and opportunities to be implemented by women rights organizations/women forums/women groups etc.
Join us with your innovative ideas and actions on feminism, gender equality, gender empowerment, feminist leadership (Notice: Call for Fast Response Fund-concept note submission deadline is closed)
Link for Guidelines on Fast Response Fund